Paying for Care

How to fund your care…?

There is a variety of advice and assistance available to help you find out what financial assistance you might be entitled to when paying for care services.  We suggest you speak to your local authority social services department (often known as Adult Social Care Services) or contact your local GP, both parties should be happy to point you in the right direction.

Your local authority’s Financial Assessments and Benefits (FAB) team can help in working out how much you should pay towards your care at home.  Team members can visit people in their own homes or by appointment and will help to make sure you are getting all you are entitled to.

If you are eligible to receive local authority funding, you may choose to take this in the form of a Personal Budget.  It allows you freedom and control to choose a care provider and package that is tailored to your wants and needs. This Personal Budget can be paid to you as a Direct Payment or you may choose to ask social services to help you make these payments to the care provider you have chosen. If you find you’re not eligible for local authority funding then you will need to pay the fees yourself. Our fee structure can be found on a separate sheet of paper found in the back of this brochure.

When a carer visits your home, they will sign in and out using an external monitoring system. This allows to monitor the whereabouts of each of our carers and to confirm the exact times of the visit. To do this the carer obtains your permission to make a free telephone call from your home telephone number to our recording system when they arrive and leave. These calls will not cost you anything but they do allow us to know if your carer has not arrived or left on time.

We will invoice you on a monthly basis. The invoice will show the date, duration and charges of each visit. We request that all invoices are paid within 7 days of receipt.  You may choose to pay by Direct Debit, Bank Transfer or Cheque.

Share this page: